Shaping the future of medicine
Wednesday, May 20: International Clinical Trials Day
Many of the improvements in the diagnosis, treatment and care of patients with disease result from research performed through clinical trials. The Department of Medicine celebrates our practice changing researchers!
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Hundreds of our doctors and residents are on the front lines of COVID-19 care. Others continue to find novel ways of managing our non COVID patient population. Still others are providing support to each other behind the scenes.
The Department of Medicine is so very proud of all of their efforts.
Hosted by Dr. Kwadwo Kyeremanteng
In association with Ottawa's Department of Medicine and the Resource Optimization Network.
We are collaborating with and for our community partners - get involved!
If you are passionate about bridging medicine and business practices and utilizing partnerships and networks to bring different perspectives and entrepreneurial spirit to help the Department target its efforts to better support physicians and patients let us know.
WHO WE ARE
- largest Department within The Ottawa Hospital
- comprised of nearly 700 physicians, researchers, educators and administrators
- provide sub-specialty care in 17 medical divisions.
WHAT WE DO
- provide outstanding patient care
- deliver high-quality education that prepares future generations of health care professionals
- develop cutting-edge medical research
WHY WE MATTER
- we have research programs of international calibre
- we share our expertise through community engagement
- we developed a Fellowship award program from our personal funds
- we perform the bulk of care at our hospital